Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wayinmay

I have been reading all about Trudys preparation & now feel I better get a move on down her in Tipperary to keep up with her...I have started my preparation walking the roads around my local town of Nenagh during my lunch hour.   It is nothing to compare with the beauty of Derry on the shores of the river Foyle or the sights of Donegal....such beauty Trudy you are so lucky to be surounded by sea....anyway I have started Easter Sunday down in Spanish Point in Co Clare we got up early & walked for 2 hours along the coast line beautiful scenary we call it our little bit of heaven.  I have moved onto the Silvemines hills which are in view from our back garden.  Myself & Liam plus our 2 dogs took to the hills last sat eve & that was some adventure as our sons 6 month old puppy Rodge is a tear away springer spaniel ...& not used to a lead ..loves to take off & will chase anything that moves .....well between him & the hills I got in a good evenings preparation for the Camino Way in May..
I was back to Nenagh Mon & today walking the bypass & aound the town.   Nenagh is a good town with lots to offer & loads to see with a Castle & close connection to Lough Derg the biggest lake on the River Shannon.  Dromineer is only 6 miles from Nenagh is an ideal stop off point to view the lake & enjoy lake ammenities.  My Grand parents were both born there & when they moved to Dublin they retained a summer house on the shores of Dromineer Bay where we spent every weekend & school holidays swimming & boating there.  My brother Donal Gleeson RIP loved the water & as a member of Lough Derg Yacht Club spent every spare moment of his time sailing & teaching children how to sail on the lake.  He had just found his vocation in life & was passing on the skills & respect he had for the lake to many children when he was taken suddenly from us.   His wife, sons & daughter are carrying on his great love for sailing by holding his annual sailing weekend ( WOLF ) on the Oct Bank holiday weekend each year in Terryglass.
I must keep walking ..hope to get in a few more rounds of Nenagh ...watch out for me on the bypass.....going to Killarney Friday to see Gift Grub with my friend Deirdre so will try & get a walk in around the lakes of Killarney ...another beautiful spot in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment