Sunday 1 April 2012

Gráinne

Hi Grainne here I am busy getting ready for the walk with Trudy & Linda. It has been my intension to do this walk ever since my friend Fr Michael Spain told me about it. He did the whole walk 500 miles in April 2010. He started out with his brother Tony who not long after daylight on day two had to retreat due to the return of an old knee ligament injury. Michael continued on to finish the pilgrimage. He came to one of our local ICA meetings & told us all about his adventures & gave us a copy of the piece he wrote about all the people & things that happened to him along the way it was a fascinating story & one which stuck in my mind.
I am doing this walk as a thank for all the good things that have been given to me in my life. I have been blessed with a wonderful Husband & four fantastic children & I have become a gran Ma. My first Gran child was born on Tuesday 20th March at 23.20 to my daughter Marie & husband Conor they called her Ciara Áine & she is beautiful. I am so lucky. I hope I can complete the stage of the walk that we hope to do. I am walking everyday in preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment