Friday 4 May 2012

Progress report

I got that walk in on 20th April in Killarney after a night of laughter in the Glen Eagle at Gift Grub.  I started out at 9am lucky to have brought my rain coat with me as it was so nice when I was leaving I was nearly tempted to forget about a coat but was I glad I had it as I passed along the forest walk in The National Park in Killarney  the skies opened & not only did it rain the hail stones that fell were unreal.   I passed a poor american tourist  out walking with just a track suit on her & God love her all she could say to me was "nice coat" as she was wet through & through I answered her by saying welcome to Ireland she laughed & passed on I decided to speed up & jogged my way back to the hotel in order to get a quick shower before I went for a nice Irish Breakfast with my friend Deirdre who was sensible enough to stay indoors.

Sunday 22nd April myself & my Friend Ann took to the hills in Bodyke Co Clare ...a good 2 hour long forest walk which took in many a steep hill but this time we were lucky to stay dry....Anyone coming to Ireland be sure & bring your waterproof shoes & a good rain coat ha ha because it sure rains here.

Back to work on Monday & my usual walk at lunch time around the by-pass Liam decided to join me which was nice as my usual friend Sharon was trying to work a bit of time.
Monday evening I got an invitation from another work collegue to join her on a walk in Castlelough Portroe with spectacular views of Lough Derg.  Patricia is going with the Nenagh walkers to do the Camino the1st May so she gave me great tips & advice.  She had her bag on her back as we walked along together which was something I hadn't thought of so Trudy & Linda get the bags on !!!I still have to pack mine...ha ha anyway it was a really nice walk & one I had never done before.   I am finding that all this walking is really becoming part of my everyday life & I am really enjoying it as I go along & discover new territory every day...thnaks Patricia & thanks for the advice & books you have given me ...safe journey & I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back.

After our nice long walk on Monday evening I had my choir practice & would you believe the song we are practicing for up coming concert in Kilaloe is called Harmony & Diction & the Altos part which I am involved in sing " she sells sea shells on the sea shore"..what do you think of that Trudy? another sign...

Tuesday evening myself & Liam took to the Silvermine mountains again to join the Nenagh Walking club to do the Silvermine Ridge ...now this was a tester a right good hill walk with loads of challenges...sometimes wet under foot but what views we could see as far as Limerick on one side & across to the Galtees on the other & a near view of Keeper Hill.  Beneath us we could see all the old mines & quarries that have been left behind from hundreds of years of mining lead and zinc in the area.  It was nearly dark when we arrived back down & were really lucky to avoid the terrible rain that fell on our way back home in the car. 

Wednesday I was back on the by-pass walking & talking with my friend Sharon.  On a lighter note I took to the hills to the hall in Kilcommon with my ICA lady friends for a Federation Meeting & took part in a competition for an Easter Bunny...yes I know Easter is over but the Bunnies were all out Wednesday night in Kilcommon.   We had a good laugh as I modeled our entry & now I am now known as the 'Funny Bunny'.  I hope I am still laughing in 4 weeks time when I am struggling along the roads in Spain on route to Santiago de Compostela.



No comments:

Post a Comment