Saturday 19 April 2014

walking on the Wild Atlantic Way

The Wild Atlantic Way is a signposted long distance scenic route along the Atlantic coast of Ireland. The coastal scenery is absolutely stunning and the Northwest of Ireland has been bathed in sunshine for the past few days so I have been out walking around the Donegal coast in an attempt to make me a little fitter before I walk the Sarria to Santiago section of the Camino in May.

Rosapenna beach stretches for almost 3 miles around Sheephaven bay and is very picturesque but not too demanding to walk as it is flat, that said, the wind last sunday week did succeed in making my walk quite hard going.

Friday was a different story, blue skies, warm breezes and tranquillity as I first walked the shores of Mulroy bay then uphill through the small hamlet of Dundoan and continued across to the westward facing Atlantic beach of Tra na Rossan before my final uphill climb through the townland of Gortnaluhoge.
Horn Head viewed from Rosapenna beach

Muckish mountain rising behind the Ards peninsula
 
 
Along the shore of Mulroy Bay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment